Style

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Steam Cleaner Tip: Saving Money on Solution

I have two big dogs, a red clay backyard and rooms with tan carpet. Add it all up and what you get is a big, nasty mess! I have even paid professionals to come out and clean our carpets and they were still left a dingy red.

I have a steam cleaner at home and for years have been using the steam cleaner soap, until about 6 months ago when I stumbled upon the best steam cleaner "soap" I have ever used - and it's not soap! I now get the big buckets of OxiClean powder and use 2 Tbsp of the powder per tank, plus water and that's it! My carpets are cleaner than they have been in years and it cuts the dog smell without leaving a strong cleaning smell! It even picked up the dirt the professionals left behind! I know the steam clean machines say to only use the approved soaps, but after 6 months of use it has caused no problems in my machine. I just shake it up to make sure the powder is dissolved.

Now for the best part: it's so much cheaper than buying the steam cleaner soaps! One big bucket of OxiClean powder is $10.99 regular price and that bucket will get me 96 tanks of cleaner. The regular solution that I was buying was 9.99 and would get me about 8 tanks of cleaner. What a savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment